September 1, 2020
The annual meeting of Taylorcrest Community Association will be held on Zoom and telephone in October 2020. At the meeting, you will be electing six (6) positions for the Board of Directors. When you submit your questionnaire, please be specific as to which position you want to hold. Positions and descriptions are on the 2nd page of this packet.
In preparation of the meeting and ballot, we are asking those individuals who wish to serve on the Board of Directors to complete and return the enclosed Candidate form.
Director candidates should return the enclosed candidate form to the management company via mail, fax, or email, no later than October 1,2020. The management’s contact information is:
Taylorcrest Community Association
c/o Houston Community Management Services
17049 El Camino Real, Suite 100
Houston, TX 77058
Fax (281) 218-6973
Once the candidate deadline has passed, you will receive the formal meeting notice with meeting details and proxy/absentee ballot. At that time, please return the proxy/absentee ballot to ensure that quorum requirements are met and that your vote is counted. To meet quorum for your community, ten per cent (10%) of homeowners must be represented at the meeting either in person or by proxy (25 homes).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any current Board Member and/or VP Diana Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org or Treas Cherie Mayhew at email@example.com.
The Board of Directors
Taylorcrest Community Association
Enclosure: Candidate form
BOARD AND VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE POSITIONS
• President = Shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors; shall see that orders and resolutions of the Board are carried out; shall sign all contracts, leases, mortgages, deeds, promissory notes and other written instruments. Shall be registered to sign on Association bank accounts.
• Vice-President = Shall act in the place of the president in the event of absence, inability or refusal to act, and shall exercise and discharge such other duties as may be required by the Board.
• Secretary = Shall record the votes and keep the minutes of all meetings and proceedings of the Board and of the members; serve notice of meetings of the Board and of the members; keep appropriate current records showing the members of the Association together with their addresses; be registered to sign checks on Association bank account; and shall perform such other duties as required by the Board.
• Treasurer = Shall receive and deposit in appropriate bank accounts all monies of the Association and shall disburse such funds as directed by resolution of the Board of Directors; shall sign all checks and promissory notes of the Association; keep proper books of account and shall prepare an annual budget and a statement of income and expenditures.
• Groundskeeper = Shall ensure all common areas and/or all empty lots are maintained and present an acceptable appearance. Outside vendors/contractors may be utilized for improvements. Volunteer “Member Work Days” may also be used were deemed appropriate. The Groundskeeper is responsible for accomplishing budgeted park maintenance/improvements as approved by the Board. He/she is responsible for preparing an annual budget request, for submission to the Board, covering park maintenance/improvements.
• Architectural = Shall ensure the duties for the Taylorcrest Architectual Committee defined in the applicable Deed Restrictions, Covenants and Conditions are carried out; keep current records of all related correspondence; coordinate the activities of the Architectural committee, keep the Board regularly informed of these activities and obtain Board approval for any variances to the Restrictions.
• Communication Chairperson = Shall be responsible for visiting each new family that moves into Taylorcrest and presenting them with a packet consisting of Articles of Inc; By-laws; Restrictions, Covenants & Conditions applicable; park key and re-cycle information. He/she is responsible to see that a Newsletter is published and distributed when requested by the Board . A committee volunteer may assist the Chairperson.
• Activities Chairperson = Shall be responsible for planning and organizing all social activities sanctioned by the Board of Directors. Within the bounds of the annual budget, the social activities will normally include Spring and Fall picnics in the park and the Annual Garage sale in the Spring and other activities deemed appropriate. A proposed annual budget shall be prepared and submitted to the Board for approval.
OPEN BOARD AND COMMITTE POSITIONS QUESTIONNAIRE
2020 ANNUAL MEETING – ELECTION
(1) Why do you want to serve on the Taylorcrest Community Association Board of Directors?
(2) What position do you want to serve on the Board? (Circle position)
President Vice President Secretary Treasurer Groundskeeper Architectural
(3) Volunteer Committee Chairpersons Communication Chairperson Activities Chairperson
(4) What important skills, abilities and experience do you have that would benefit the governance of the Board and service to the community?
(4) Are you prepared to commit your time and energy to the success of the Board beyond attending the monthly meetings?
Applicant Name: ______________________________________________________________________________________
Property Address: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________