February 6, 2019
The annual meeting of Taylorcrest Community Association will be held in April of 2019. At the meeting, you will be electing eight (8) positions for the Board of Directors. When you submit your questionnaire, please be specific as to which position you will be running for. Positions and descriptions are on the 2nd page of this packet.
In preparation of the meeting and ballot, we are asking those individuals who wish to serve on the Board of Directors to complete and return the enclosed Candidate form.
Director candidates should return the enclosed candidate form to the management company via mail, fax, or email, no later than March 15, 2019. The management’s contact information is:
Taylorcrest Community Association
c/o Houston Community Management Services
17049 El Camino Real, Suite 100
Houston, TX 77058
Fax (281) 218-6973
Once the candidate deadline has passed, you will receive the formal meeting notice with meeting details and proxy/absentee ballot. At that time, please return the proxy/absentee ballot to ensure that quorum requirements are met and that your vote is counted. To meet quorum for your community, twenty-five (25%) of homeowner must be represented at the meeting either in person or by proxy (63 homes).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Community Association Manager, Dana Ladd at 832-864-1220
The Board of Directors
Taylorcrest Community Association
• President = Shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors; shall see that orders and resolutions of the Board are carried out; shall sign all leases, mortgages, deeds and other written instruments and shall co-sign all checks and promissory notes
• Vice-President = Shall act in the place and stead of the president in the event of his absence, inability or refusal to act, and shall exercise and discharge such other duties as may be required of him by the Board. He shall be responsible for advising the Board on alleged violations of the deed restrictions and recommending action.
• Secretary = Shall record the votes and keep the minutes of all meetings and proceedings of the Board and of the members; keep the corporate seal of the Association and affix it on all papers requiring said seal; serve notice of meetings of the Board and of the members; keep appropriate current records showing the members of the Association together with their addresses; be registered to co-sign checks on Association bank account; and shall perform such other duties as required by the Board.
• Treasurer = Shall receive and deposit in appropriate bank accounts all monies of the Association and shall disburse such funds as directed by resolution of the Board of Directors; shall sign all checks and promissory notes of the Association; keep proper books of account and shall prepare an annual budget and a statement of income and expenditures.
• Groundskeeper = Shall ensure all common areas and/or all empty lots are maintained and present an acceptable appearance. Outside vendors/contractors may be utilized for improvements. Volunteer “Member Work Days” may also be used were deemed appropriate. The Groundskeeper is responsible for accomplishing budgeted park maintenance/improvements as approved by the Board. He/she is responsible for preparing an annual budget request, for submission to the Board, covering park maintenance/improvements.
• Activities Chairperson = Shall be responsible for planning and organizing all social activities sanctioned by the Board of Directors. Within the confines of the annual budget, the social activities will normally include an Easter Egg Hunt, the Spring and Fall family picnics in the park and any other activities deemed appropriate. A proposed annual budget must be prepared and submitted to the Board for approval.
• Communication Chairperson = Shall be responsible for visiting each new family that moves into Taylorcrest and presenting them with a packet consisting of Articles of Inc; By-laws; Restrictions, Covenants & Conditions applicable; current Taylorcrest telephone book; park key and re-cycle information. A card file of residents and a Taylorcrest map must be maintained and kept current. He/she is responsible to see that the Newsletter is published and distributed monthly (except during specific summer months). The phone directory is published annually. A committee for phone directory and newsletter shall be appointed, if desired.
• Architectural Chairperson = Shall ensure the duties for the Taylorcrest Arch Committee define in the applicable Deed Restrictions, Covenants and Conditions are carried out; keep current records of all related correspondence; coordinate the activities of the Architectural committee, keep the Board regularly informed of these activities and obtain Board approval for any variances to the Restrictions.
OPEN BOARD POSITION QUESTIONNAIRE
2019 ANNUAL MEETING – ELECTION
(1) Why do you want to serve on the Taylorcrest Community Association Board of Directors?
(2) What position do you want to serve on the Board? (Circle position)
President Vice President Secretary Treasurer Groundskeeper
Communication Chairperson Activities Chairperson Architectural Chairperson
(3) What important skills, abilities and experience do you have that would benefit the governance of the Board and service to the community?
(4) Are you prepared to commit your time and energy to the success of the Board beyond attending the monthly meetings?
Applicant Name: ______________________________________________________________________________________
Property Address: _____________________________________________________________________________________
Please return the completed questionnaire to the management company by March 15, 2019
The Board of Directors thanks you for your interest in serving on the Taylorcrest Community Association.